[MNAPRS] APRS issue in western MN

Keith Lakeman keith at lakeman.org
Sat Mar 29 08:24:01 CDT 2014

Doug,

Thanks for all of the information. I will capture the output of my TNC when
I get up to the site again.

It appears that QXM is reporting again. The local igate, NG0W-10, is down,
so QXM is being heard via a new route. I wonder if NG0W-10 might be part of
my problem too.  With NG0W-10 down, the path to an igate is longer.
Is WIDE2-1 allowing my packet to be repeated enough times to reach a more
distant igate?

I have a new antenna for the site. Waiting for the weather to improve. I am
also considering upgrading my node to an igate, but would rather leverage
existing igates.

I have spoke to the owner of the local repeater that my node announces. I
hadn't considered asking to leverage his site for APRS, but it's a great
site with great coverage.  I'll see if he is receptive of the idea.

Thanks again,

Keith
kc0zzq
keith at lakeman.org