[MNAPRS] APRS digipeater to far away?

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Sun Aug 27 16:28:34 UTC 2006

I finally called up your QTH on Google maps. It looks like you need to
look NNW for the direct shot to the Moundsview WIDE. A beam might pick
up enough signal from a bounce but it would be a long shot compared to
the direct path.

You can also try beaming SE toward Hastings, SSW toward Faribault or S
toward Cannon Falls & Rochester and see if you can hear anyone from
farther south. Essentially, if you try the beam approach, just point it
where you can and see what happens.... The Kingston WIDE has a pretty
good signal at my home but they would be NW from your location and a lot
farther away, plus being through the Minneapolis noise....

www.wa5vjb.com
I just tried my new link to the WA5VJB antenna articles and it is down.
I did find a copy at the old site I had book marked.
http://www.clarc.org/ArticleRepo/uhf2.pdf

Good luck.

73, Doug Reed, N0NAS.