[MNAPRS] APRS digipeater to far away?

Jerry W k0hzi.mn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 00:13:51 UTC 2006

Geoff,

I have copied some mobiles who have been about 5 miles away, one east
of me and one south of me.  It is the main digipeater, I hear it but
the signal is to weak to decode and has lots of noise.  Oh well from
the little I have seen of APRS messaging it's like watching grass
grow, waiting for new users to update the map.  Just wanted something
to "play with" for a while.  APRS is not my kind of operating.  But
will use it for ISS once the APRS digipeater is back operational.
Thanks for all the tips from the list.

Jerry - K0HZI