[MNAPRS] APRS digipeater to far away?

Jerry W k0hzi.mn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:11:09 UTC 2006

Unable to decode any APRS messages.  Maybe the digipeater is to far
away?  I can monitor a regular BBS Packet node on 145.010 MHz, see the
call signs sending beacons but that node or digipeater is closer than
the APRS node I think?.  Have also tried MixW in the Packet mode, VHF 1200/2000
Hz configuration, can not see any APRS messages but I can from the
145.010 node with MixW.. There is digipeater traffic as I can go to a
local findu and view the stations there.
Shorter link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?M2FE123AD
I can send with my Kenwood HandiTalkie TH-D7A[G] a APRS message and
that decodes fine, to far away to hit the APRS node, can not hear any
signals with the HT inside, but can if I go outside away from the
building.  Nothing on APRS on 144.390 on the base station.  I must
have hit the digipeater once on 8/25/06 as my call K0HZI-1 was
recorded on the above URL, but I did not get an acknowledgment back on
UI-View.

With UI-View and monitoring 145.010 some of the messages in the Terminal window:
14:40:50R N0TL-1>W0MR-3 <RR C P R1>
14:40:51R N0TL-1>WB9OKQ-4 <RR C P R0>
14:40:56R N0TL-1>WB9OKQ-4 <RR C P R0>
14:46:11R N0TL-1>W0MR-3 <RR C P R1>