[d-star] Dayton 2013 DSTAR InfoCon on streaming video

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Sat May 18 07:50:19 CDT 2013

<http://www.ustream.tv/new/search?q=icom%20dstar>
Icom arranged to stream this 3-hour DSTAR "how to" from Dayton 2013.
It should be the same as last year but updated to include the new
DSTAR radios. The presentation was on Friday AM but is available to
view or capture at the URL above. I'm in the process of grabbing part
1 right now.

The only negative I can see is that it comes down as FLV flash video
format. I captured the video from the Firefox browser using the Video
DownloadHelper v4.9.14 extention.
<http://www.downloadhelper.net/>

The 2012 version was available on the ARVN web page I think..... I
found it quite informative regarding programming and using the DSTAR
radios. Watching the video is much better than beating your head
against the manual and trying to figure out DSTAR programming on your
own....

73, Doug Reed, N0NAS.