[d-star] A Portable Mesh Network?

Don Heppelmann DHeppelmann at tpt.org
Sat Jul 6 11:32:23 CDT 2013

Dave,

Talk with the D-Star guys, perhaps Doug Reed N0NAS. I donated some 15 or so WRT54G units for this very project. I've been away from the group and don't know the status of it. Also acquired the xtals to allow the freq shift so only those modified units can talk.

It would be great to have an (at least) 2Mbps or faster mesh network in the metro, just takes time and folks to coordinate and install.

73,

Don Heppelmann, WG0C