[d-star] Fwd: Minnesota D-Star News

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Fri Jul 6 08:32:55 CDT 2012

Forwarded to the reflector....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Minnesota D-Star News
Date: 	Thu, 5 Jul 2012 18:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Mark Adams <madams634 at yahoo.com>

Hi Everyone,
       7/5/12     20:30
Good news . . . Work was done on the MN Reflector last week & this week.
The dropped packet problems should be fixed. I've been informed there
was UDP bandwidth limiting & shaping at the server site & that our
server has been exempted from the rules. With luck, you should find
REF053A much easier to listen to now.

We're asking all the D-Star repeaters to please stay on the MN Reflector
& configure your repeaterto use the Reflector by default.
That will give us   "All Minnesota"   linking & more activity on all the
repeaters.

A special thank you to Doug,  Bob,  Noel,  Peter,  Alan,  Erik & all the
rest of our Tech Team in the Twin Cities who worked on the MN Reflector
over last three weeks. Also thank you to someone here who made a  "tool"
  donation to our Reflector efforts. All your efforts are greatly
appreciated.

A Dongle has been ordered so we can put the MN Relector audio on the
Internet.

Work is progressing on the Fargo D-Star repeater. It'll be on 444.000 &
should be coming on line with our new D-Star neighborhood in the near
future. Also the duplexer on the Duluth D-Star repeater is fixed. The
repeater is back on line with us as well.

The D-Star MN Reflector Net is on Friday evenings 20:30. All stations
are welcome to check in. I'm looking for Net Controls for the Net.
If anyone wishes to run the Net some Friday evening,  please let me
know. I'd like to pass it around to each of our D-Star repeaters & it's
users.

Also the Wisconsin D-Star Net runs on REF019B Wednesdays at 20:00 &
Sundays at 21:00. We usually have two Wisconsin stations check in with
us here on Friday nights.

73's to all,
See you on the Net,
Rick  Houle  KBØWWJ