[d-star] File Transfers Using D-STAR Digital Voice Low Speed Data

Mark Thompson wb9qzb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 13:33:29 CDT 2007

The file transfer described in the attached message uses the low-speed data (~950 bps) capability that is concurrent with D-STAR digital voice transmissions and is available in ALL D-STAR digital voice radios for 2m, 70cm & 23 cm.

Apparently the d*Chat keyboard-to-keyboard messaging application does work through both the digital voice repeaters & the gateway so it should be possible to do file transfers through the repeaters. Someone just has to experiment with getting it to work.