[d-star] ID-1 Count

Mark Thompson wb9qzb at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 14:32:13 UTC 2007

I would suggest you might want to contact the hams that support the Marine Corp marathon in the Washington D.C. area. This is a large public event held in October every year.

They used to use packet radio to support the event, but last year used D-STAR high speed data with ID-1s point-to-point and I also believe they used data repeaters.

There was a detailed email about this a while back on the Illinois Digital Ham group and it still should be in the message log. The email had both observations & technical information discovered while using high-speed data at the event.

73, Mark, WB9QZB
Chicago, IL