[d-star] D-STAR and Skywarn

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Sat May 5 11:58:21 UTC 2007

None that I'm aware of. While there is a possibility the EOCs may have a
D-STAR radio its primary purpose would not be for Skywarn. There is no
D-STAR repeater in the metro area with enough coverage to interest Metro
Skywarn and there are way too few Skywarn spotters with D-STAR radios to
make a new net just for them useful. There is interest in encouraging
spotters to use APRS but that would use the conventional 144.390 system.
Wait a few years and the answer may be different.

73, Doug Reed, N0NAS.