[d-star] d-star repeater system ordered :)

tom w0kgw at citlink.net
Tue Jan 23 22:18:03 UTC 2007

hi erik,
   want to hear from a user as to distance and speed and cost .  the
complete system cost and how far the 5ghz part goes.  the vhf and uhf out
here in the outback is hitting 50 miles about max so to use d-star out here
it will have to go a ways to justify the cost (which i understand is in the
thousands) . maybe the price will come down later so will keep the fingers
crossed.
tom w0kgw