[d-star] d-star repeater system ordered :)

Erik Jacobson erikj at tdkt.org
Tue Jan 23 20:45:16 UTC 2007

Just a quick update...

> This includes:
> * repeater controller
> * 2m digital voice (DV)
> * 440 digital voice (DV)

Things are moving faster than expected.  I should have the above
3 pieces on Tuesday.  I'll put UHF on-line at my house (replacing
current 443.450 with d-star 443.450) shortly after to start playing.

In parallel, I'll try to start working on "better home" logistics.

> and after I send UPC codes from the above w/a sales order to Icom, many weeks
> later, I'll also have:
> * 1.2ghz digital voice (DV)
> * 1.2ghz high speed data (128kbps, DD)

Radio City says Icom has the above in stock too; but this is a rebate
of sorts.  When I get the first three pieces, I send UPC codes and
paperwork, then Icom sends the 1.2ghz stuff to my house.  They don't
promise but if they have them in stock, it could arrive faster than expected.
They leave themselves 8 weeks but that is worst case.  Waiting is ok for
me here; I have no 1.2ghz stuff at all to work with including no ID-1
radio yet.

Which begs the question... how long will I live without an ID-1 when
Icom digital data/digital voice boxes for 1.2GHz are starring at me
unopened?  We could hold a contest. :)

PS: Are folks OK if I keep sending updates on this project here?  Or is
this spamming people?

Erik