[d-star] More Systems

Erik Jacobson erikj at tdkt.org
Wed Feb 14 14:26:13 UTC 2007

> One question- what is the mechanism to prevent inter-site interference
> between d-star units on the same frequency?  How close together can they be
> on the same frequency?

Both 1.2 units have a frequency range of 1240-1300.  It's up to the
user to select frequencies.

Most people install what seem to be named in the forums as a 'window
filter' on the high speed data unit.  I'd guess it's just a bandpass
filter and I'm not sure why people call it a window filter in the forums.

Many folks seem to use DCI filters for this purpose.  I believe even the
Radio City demo unit had a DCI filter on the rp2d part.

I'm not sure about the sizes of everything but there is sure a lot of
empty space in the R2000V and R4000V.  If the RP2D/V is anything like
that, I wonder if one could install filtering in the rack mount cabinet
if they wanted to.  Just food for thought.  I'll probably stick with not
making modifications to mine :)

Erik