[MNAPRS] APRS issue in western MN

Keith Lakeman keith at lakeman.org
Thu Mar 27 09:54:52 CDT 2014

I'm looking for a little help in diagnosing an inconsistency I'm seeing in
APRS with my digipeater node, KC0ZZQ-5.

My node is located near Battle Lake MN.  It's been up since last July.

My nearest digi's are N0CBV-1 - Barnsville,MN and N0QXM-1 - Morris,MN

N0QXM-1 has been the node that consistently repeating my node's
announcements.  Last weekend that node went down.

N0CBV-1 very occasionally repeats packets that originate from my node.  It
is very consistent repeating packets that my digi has repeated orginating
from another node.

I'm trying to figure out why N0CBV-1 will not consistently repeat packets
that originate from my node.

Any ideas on what could cause this would be appreciated.

thanks,
Keith
kc0zzq
keith at lakeman.org