[MNAPRS] W0YC APRS Software Upgraded

Ben Franske ben.lists at franske.com
Sat Apr 27 21:11:06 CDT 2013

I'm done fighting with JavAPRSSrvr. Last night we upgraded the W0YC APRS
system to much better and easier to configure software running on newer
hardware and Linux as well. For those who don't know W0YC runs a wide
coverage APRS Digipeater/Igate/APRS-IS server. We are now running:

APRSC - APRS-IS server. You can view statistics at
http://w0yc.umn.edu:14501 You should also be able to connect to
w0yc.umn.edu with your favorite APRS or Igate software and take
advantage of our plentiful bandwidth to reduce the load on the core servers.

APRX - Digi/Igate software. Supports viscous digipeating for fill digis
and all that. If you're running something else you should seriously take
a look at this.

We also swapped our our dying TNC2 clone for a KPC-3 so we should be in
good shape. We're also now broadcasting some of our repeater information
on APRS, I think I got the format right for that.

D-PRS -> APRS-IS should be up and running on the W0YC D-STAR system
443.425/+ (ircDDB network) now as well.

Please let me know if you see any strange activity as we work the kinks
out of the new system.

73,
-Ben, K0BEN
Trustee, W0YC U of M Amateur Radio Club