[MNAPRS] APRS on ISS

Jerry W k0hzi.mn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:49:06 CDT 2011

Have been able  to send APRS packet messages to ISS over the years on
145.825. Today when I went out to try a message the repeater was off. The
repeater is not always active. One can check ISS Fan Club for activity:
http://www.issfanclub.com/

I have a Kenwood TH-D7A[G] HT and have been successful with five watts quite
a lot to ISS Packet repeater from out in the parking lot at my QTH or at
Grandview Park in South St Paul, MN. Also a few years back sent packet APRS
messages via satellite PCSAT (NO-44):http://www.aprs.org/pcsat.html  built
by the US Navy cadets at Annapolis. Bob Bruninga WB4APR is the adviser of
the cadets satellite projects. AMSAT lists NO-44 as intermittent operation
as the batteries are dead and operates off the solar panels in sunlight.

Jerry
K0HZI