[MNAPRS] LaCrosse 2317 WX Station

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Mon Dec 4 03:16:59 UTC 2006

If anyone in interested in a cheap weather station, Best Buy has the
LaCrosse 2317 WX station on sale for $100 for at least the next couple
days. This WX station does temp, wind, humidity, pressure, and includes
a rain gage. Temp & humidity is indoor/outdoor, plus it reads WWVB to
set the internal clock. It includes software for a PC and a cable for
the serial port. And it can be used in either wired or wireless mode.
About the only negative is that the rain gage is not heated, but what do
you expect for a $100 battery powered device?

For the price and completeness, it is hard to beat. It is a cheap
plastic unit so I can't say it would be ideal for a remote weather
station on top of a mountain. But it is very low power so it would also
some have advantages for a solar powered APRS weather station. And since
the next version of OpenTracker software will support the LaCrosse
serial protocol, I had to buy one.

73, Doug Reed, N0NAS.