[MNAPRS] moving wx-aprs members to MNAPRS list

Doug Reed n0nas at amsat.org
Sun Feb 8 23:13:06 CST 2004

Hi Gang.

I just added a bunch of you to the MNAPRS remail list at twinslan.org. You
were already a member of the wx-aprs list so I took the liberty of moving
you to the new list. The wx-aprs list has been getting a lot of spam
bounced to the list admin (me!) and the easiest way to deal with it is to
close the wx-aprs list and move everyone to the MNAPRS list instead. My
next step will be to remove all your names from the wx-aprs list and delete
the list.

Other than that, not too much has changed. Instead of being fairly narrowly
focused on weather via APRS. the new list is more general for APRS in
Minnesota. It turns out there is more going on than I realized and this
list might help everyone stay better informed.

The "welcome" email should have told you to submit email to
mnaprs at lists.twinslan.org if you want it forwarded. Be sure it is plain
text, not fancy HTML if you want it forwarded with minimum complaints.

I welcome having a pointer to the MNAPRS listinfo/subscription web page
posted on your web page if you want to. But please "obscure" the email
address as "mnaprs(at)lists.twinslan.org" or something similar so the
spam-bots don't find it immediately!

If anyone forgot they were on the wx-aprs list and doesn't want to be on
the MNAPRS list, just use the listinfo/unsubscribe URL address in the
"welcome" email (and probably on the bottom of this email) to unsubscribe
yourself from the list.

73, Doug Reed, N0NAS.