[d-star] Recording of Microhams Digital Conference - Saturday, 3/24

Mark Thompson wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 01:15:55 CDT 2018

Microhams Digital Conference Recordinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1sWCtVzzak
Note: Slides are not visible in first presentation, however they are in subsequent presentations. All slides are available on Microhams web site.
Agenda & Presentation Slideshttp://www.microhams.com

    On ‎Friday‎, ‎March‎ ‎23‎, ‎2018‎ ‎07‎:‎23‎:‎21‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CDT, Mark Thompson <wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com> wrote:

 http://www.microhams.com/mhdc/

MicroHAMS Digital ConferenceThe date of the MicroHAMS Digital Conference for 2018 is Saturday, March 24th, 2018.   Current Speaker List: Joe Taylor– We are pleased to announce that Professor Joe Taylor, K1JT will be speaking at this year’s conference.  Joe is Professor Emeritus of Physics at Princeton, Nobel Laureate and author of the JT digital modes.Bryan Hoyer– One of the conference’s past presenters, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR of NW Digital Radio  , will be giving a talk on “The APRS of Things” and demonstrating their newest products.John Langner–  WB2OSZ, the author of the Direwolf sound card TNC will be speaking.Ken Koster – N7IPB will present using SvxLink to connect a network of 220 repeaters in the Pacific Northwest. SvxLink runs on a linux computer and provides a custom dual radio interface for FM voice repeater control and linking over the Internet. Ken will provide an overview of how a mix of repeaters are connected via RFLinks and the Internet, as well as the real-time status information available via the web.Alex Schwarz– VE7DXW the developer of the RF-Seismograph and MDSR will present the results of the RF-Noise monitoring experiment during the solar eclipse and the turbulent solar activity (including the strongest X-Ray flare in 30 years) that followed.Guus van Dooren– PE1PLM Entrepreneur and creator of DVMEGA.  Guus will discuss the latest D-Star developments.The Digital Conference Flyer for 2018  hhttps://microhams.blob.core.windows.net/content/2015/05/digital-conference2018.pdf
http://www.microhams.com/2018/03/22/mhdc-2018-live-stream/

MHDC 2018 – Live Stream!
 The official MHDC AV team will be streaming the conference live this weekend, so people not able to attend in person can still watch. We will be using YouTube and plan on having the cameras live by 8:45am when Scott-N7SS kicks things off. I’ll be monitoring the chat room during the day, so if someone watching remotely would like to ask questions, you will still be able to.Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1sWCtVzzakI will do my best to post the slides for each talk prior to the talk starting, so you can follow along remotely.73,Kenny, KU7M