[d-star] YaesuSystemFusion] Fusion Demo's Minneapolis Saturday 10/3

Mark Thompson wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 19:33:24 CDT 2015

From:"K9EQ at HamOperator.com [YaesuSystemFusion]" <YaesuSystemFusion at yahoogroups.com>
Date:Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Subject:[YaesuSystemFusion] Fusion Demo's Minneapolis Saturday 10/3

I'd like to offer a shameless plug for a Fusion event occurring in Minneapolis this Saturday.

Radio City is sponsoring Yaesu Days. Chris Wilson will be here. Both he and I will be doing presentations on Fusion.

But here's the fun part. The Bakken Amateur Radio Society (http://www.w0mdt.com) will be putting on a full all-out demonstration of Fusion equipment. If everything goes well (fingers crossed):

We'll have a tent set up outside with an FT-991 and a NVIS antenna making both HF and Fusion contacts. Also in the tent will be one or more FTM-400s demonstrating Group Mode and WiRES-X. We'll be using one repeater (444.450) which has a WiRES-X FM connection. Inside Radio City we'll have an FTM-100 connected to a WiRES-X box so we can demonstrate digital and analog.

Group Mode will be demonstrated.

There will be an operating DR-1X on display.

The W0MDT repeater will be running AMS/AMS on 444.525 and will be cross-connected to 444.075 which will be running FM so FM and digital users can communicate with each other.

The famous camera microphone will be there snapping pictures that will show up on some of the FTM-400's.Smile!

Hopefully we'll have a couple of FT2DRs to demonstrate (none of the club members have one, so I'm hoping Chris can bring along some demos.)

Plus we'll have a bunch of knowledgeable folks running around in Fusion shirts giving one on one demos and helping to answer questions.

Location is:
Radio City
2663 County Road I
Mounds View, MN 55112
45.107747, -93.21522

Saturday 3 Oct 2015, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Talk-in is on 444.525

If you can't make it, we'd still like to hear from you via WiRES-X. Look for AD0MI in WiRES-X land, Pete, who is running the WiRES-X demos.

73,
Chris, K9EQ

Posted by: K9EQ at HamOperator.com

Visit Your Group New Members 51 New Links 1

• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

.