[d-star] Reflector issue

Estey Carl via d-star d-star at lists.twinslan.net
Sun Mar 29 02:13:49 CDT 2015

All -

I hope you can help me resolve an issue with my ThumbDV using WinDV software and with a Dutch*Star GMSK hotspot adapter also using WinDV software.  It looks like the GMSK modem has quit working and so has the NWDR Thumb/DV dongle.  The message on the laptop that is hosting WinDV and the and the ThumbDV is "DPlus connection to REF053A failed."

The ThumbDV and WinDV version 1.5.8-Preview 1 software is running on a laptop using Windows 8.1.
The Dutch*Star GMSK hotspot adapter is running on a eMachine PC running Windows XP.

Both pc's give the same error message:  DPlus connection to REF053A failed
Both systems worked correctly for a number of days but both developed the same fault at about the same time. My network connectivity for other functions seems normal.  I have tried reflectors 001 C, 019C, 030C, and 053A with the same results - no connectivity.

I am wondering if there is something in the reflector software that may have gotten me "black listed" and barred from reflector use?

Carl WA0CQG
carl at esteys.net