[d-star] Fwd: NW Digital Radio - DV3000 AMBE Card Available Now

Mark Thompson via d-star d-star at lists.twinslan.net
Mon May 19 14:14:58 CDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: NW Digital Radio <donotreply at wordpress.com>
Sent: Mon, May 19, 2014 08:32 AM
Subject: [New post] DV3000 AMBE Card Available Now

k7udr posted: "The UDR supports an optional AMBE Vocoder card for D-STAR Digital Voice or DV. During the last prototype layout of the UDR, it occurred to me that there are over 2 million Raspberry Pis, so if we used the same connector as the Pi, it would have the follow"

New post on NW Digital Radio
 DV3000 AMBE Card Available Nowby k7udr
The UDR supports an optional AMBE Vocoder card for D-STAR Digital Voice or DV. During the last prototype layout of the UDR, it occurred to me that there are over 2 million Raspberry Pis, so if we used the same connector as the Pi, it would have the following advantages.
	* Pi users would have access to AMBE
	* Software development would be in parallel with UDR development
	* Other cards made for the Pi could potentially be used on the UDR
Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX, has adapted his Dummy Repeater to work with the DV3000 on the Pi. This let's hams talk over the D-STAR network using their computer instead of a radio. He also built several wav / AMBE conversion utilities for testing and comparison of different vocoders. Jonathan joined us at Hamvention for the release of the DV3000, where we sold over 30 units.
The AMBE3000 Chip supports vocoding for:
	* D-STAR - Supported NOW by G4KLX
	* DMR and dPMR
	* Yaesu Fusion
	* P25 Phase 2
Check out the DV3000DS http://nwdigitalradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DV3000DS.pdf
or go to the PRODUCTS http://nwdigitalradio.com/products page to buy online.

There is a Hamvention special for $89.00, which will be honored for 1 month or until the first run of 100 is gone.
k7udr | May 19, 2014 at 6:31 am | Categories: News | URL: http://wp.me/p2mAAP-ft

http://nwdigitalradio.com/dv3000-ambe-card-available-now