[d-star] Fwd: NW Digital Radio UDR Progress Report

Mark Thompson wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 18:51:23 CST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----

 WordPress.com
k7udr posted: "Hello All, Basil delivered  the IQ ADC/DAC driver earlier this month and Dennis has an initial port of the modem completed, so we are moving into RF characterization. Once the transmit chain has been checked out, I will be working on the PA, RX/TX switch"

New post on NW Digital Radio
 UDR Progress Reportby k7udr
Hello All,
Basil delivered  the IQ ADC/DAC driver earlier this month and Dennis has an initial port of the modem completed, so we are moving into RF characterization. Once the transmit chain has been checked out, I will be working on the PA, RX/TX switch and thermal characterization while Dennis proceeds with the receive chain.
I have started layout on prototype II. I anticipate a third spin on the prototype before moving to pilot production in China.
We will not accept orders until I have fully functional prototypes in hand and then there is a 8-12 week production cycle.
Best case is orders this year for delivery in late Q1.
The initial deliverable includes:
	* 9600 MSK and 4800 GMSK Modems
	* Support for AX.25 and D-STAR DV
	* Winlink Client/Server
	* APRS Tracker/IGate
	* D-STAR IrcDDB Gateway
	* Hi-Speed Test Mode*
D-STAR Voice using the AMBE add-on card will be released after initial shipments are complete.
*We are not implementing legacy 56k support as there is little installed equipment and our engineering efforts are better spent on faster modes with FEC. The Hi-Speed Test will allow us to prove out our hardware and start gathering channel characterization data.
Full support for Hi-Speed TCP/IP and D-STAR DD will be a free Software Update in Q3 2014.
Thanks to all of you for your patience and support,
Bryan Hoyer, K7UDR
k7udr | November 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm | URL: http://wp.me/p2mAAP-cO

http://nwdigitalradio.com/udr-progress-report