[d-star] Fwd: The DVAP and Using D-STAR Low & High Speed Data Presentations at ARRL/TAPR DCC 2012

Mark Thompson wb9qzb at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 12:28:44 CST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: KN4AQ <kn4aq at arvideonews.com>
To: kn4aq <kn4aq at arvn.tv>
Sent: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 8:09 am
Subject: HamRadioNow - Double Dose of D-STAR from the DCC

HAMRADIONOW EPISODES 48 and 49:
The DVAP (Under the Hood); Using D-STAR Low and High Speed Data; Online Now

These are the last two of the regular 45-minute seminars from the 2012 ARRL/TAPR DCC. Coming soon - the banquet Keynote talk, and the 4-hour "deep dive" into GNU Radio.

This time - Moe Wheatley AE4JY describes how he did the hardware side of the D-STAR DVAP (Digital Voice Access Point Dongle) and DVDongle.
Moe usually sits back and let's Robin Cutshaw AA4RC to all the talking about these products (Robin did the software side).
But this time, it's Moe in the spotlight, and he does a great job.

And John Davis WB4QDX will guide you through using D-STAR's low and high speed data.
That low speed data rides along with every D-STAR voice transmission, but few users do anything with it.
You need a computer plugged into the radio to access the data function, but after that, it's easy. John shows you how.

HAMRADIONOW is an online podcast from Amateur Radio//Video News. It's free to watch on the web. If you like what you see, we request your support. Just go to our web site, www.HamRadioNow.tv, and 'click the pig.' That'll take you to the support page. Whatever you think it's worth.

Thanks and 73,
Gary KN4AQ

HamRadioNow.TV
Gary Pearce KN4AQ