[d-star] ARVN Video of Complete 2010 Dayton D-STAR Forum

Mark Thompson wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 23:14:47 CDT 2011

1a. ARVN Video of Complete 2010 Dayton D-STAR Forum
    Posted by: "Gary Pearce KN4AQ" kn4aq at arrl.net kn4aq
    Date: Fri Jun 3, 2011 8:10 am ((PDT))

Hi, everyone,

I've just put the ENTIRE 2010 D-STAR Friday Afternoon Forum from the Dayton
Hamvention up on my web site. This isn't a preview, it's the whole thing!
YouTube just lifted my 10 minute restriction, and I'm celebrating - woohoo!

Well, really I feel bad that I never got to editing the 2010 Hamvention
footage. But I'm getting an early jump on everything I shot this year, and
I'm including stuff I did last year, and this is first out of the box.

This is 2010, not 2011. 2011 is coming in a few weeks. But there's lots of
really good, and still current info in this forum. It has Robin Cutshaw
AA4RC on the DVDongle, DVAP and DPLUS; Dan Smith KK7DS on D-RATS; and Greg
Lake G4ULF on his non-ICOM D-STAR repeaters.

If you've never seen an ARVN DVD, this is a good introduction. There is a
lot of ham radio and Hamvention footage on YouTube. I think you'll see...
and HEAR... a big difference with ARVN. The presenters are miked. The
audience is miked for Q&A. Multiple cameras, including one dedicated to the
slide screen so you see everything. No boomy, reverb-filled sound, shaky
cameras and fast swishes to the slides (or missing slides). And they're
edited to remove the dead spots, like when computers doing the
presentations crash! (Maybe we should leave that in).

So this one's free! I can't do it ALL free, sadly. But the DVDs are
reasonable - typically $15 to $20 (Dayton DVDs are $15, plus $3 shipping).

It's in the Dayton section of my web site: www.arvideonews.com. There's a
little link at the top right - I'll be making a bigger splash once the
whole 2011 collection is done.

While you're there, check out "The Last BIG Field Day," my new documentary.
Not one second of D-STAR, but hams don't live by bits alone, except maybe
Robin.

73,
Gary KN4AQ

ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News