[d-star] Site

Erik Westgard ewestgard at att.net
Thu May 3 11:58:52 UTC 2007

Possible New D-Star Site

I spent some time on a rooftop 100 feet plus S of downtown MPLS the other
day.  We would have room- maybe- for a small antenna (GP93?- 6'-8' max) and
a small cabinet.  No Internet unless we get it off-air.  It has an
unobstructed view in a wide arc North and East - not so good West.

The idea would be to put in a controller and 1.2 data module.  Feedline
length - 20 feet :-)

Access requires bothering the building manager.

The other users of the site would be on 2M/440 so having a co-resident
packet system would be tricky.

So the idea is this would be a non-Internet standalone 1.2 data repeater.
Would this work?  Could we uplink data and then downlink data with no back
end at all?

We would use this for the Marathon etc to reach a Trivnet server and or a
Citadel server someplace else.

Anybody know what the shortest 1.2 repeater antenna is?