[d-star] 443.450 d-star UHF on the air...

Erik Westgard ewestgard at att.net
Wed Jan 31 03:51:36 UTC 2007

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: d-star-bounces at lists.twinslan.org
[mailto:d-star-bounces at lists.twinslan.org] On Behalf Of Erik Jacobson
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:48 PM
To: d-star at lists.twinslan.org
Subject: [d-star] 443.450 d-star UHF on the air...

Thanks to the folks who stopped by to help me get it going.

We're using Matt's club call for the time being (with his permission,
thanks!).  That's because things get a little complicated when the
repeater controller and the primary user have the same call.  It's
impossible to connect to the internet that way too (but I'm less
concerned about that this second).

I'll send a note out here if/when the call changes.

So, it's 443.450

You can set UR CAll to the CQ setting
You can set RPT1 to W0USD  B
(with the two spaces followed by a B, but not strictly required)

That should be enough to get you going.  If your radio is set up with
defaults, you may be able to just key up on 443.450 and have your radio
detect settings.  I'm not an expert on these yet.

Hopefully I'll have someone to talk to :)

Besides the trip from the front of the car to the back with my HT to
my mobile :)

Gateway setup is off in the future when I make a final repeater call sign
decision, and take the training course :)

Erik / N0SVX