[d-star] I'm told some boxes arrived...

Erik Jacobson erikj at tdkt.org
Mon Jan 29 23:13:39 UTC 2007

I got the message that some boxes are waiting for me at the store :)

I plan to pick them up tomorrow (Tuesday).
This should include the controller, and the UHF, and the VHF modules.

If anybody is interested in stoping by my house to open up the boxes
with me tomorrow evening, send me a private note and I'll try to
coordinate a time.  The first task will just be to replace my existing
UHF transmitter and receiver with the d-star stuff and programming up the
equipment.

I'll play with the gateway software a different day.  I'm happy to do
this piece with folks looking over my shoulder too; just let me know if
you're interested and I'll try to coordinate a time.  As I understand,
this process actually involves some online training to connect fully up
and I'll understand more about the details of that later.

I'm more than willing to show people the equipment and how it can be
programmed at other times too -- for as long as it's still located at my
house.  I have no idea how long that will be yet.

If someone who has a d-star UHF portable were to stop by, that would be
nice.  I only have a mobile radio in my car (positioned in a way that is
painful to remove :).  I'll need to get a portable soon but I probably
won't be buying that tomorrow.  It would be sort of nice to be able to
talk to someone through it, at least to see if it works!

erikj at tdkt.org
N0SVX