[d-star] d-star repeater system ordered :)

Erik Westgard ewestgard at att.net
Tue Jan 23 23:58:43 UTC 2007

Tom,
We have had good luck over the last five years with 12 mile links at 2.5 and
5 GHz, and the limit is about 30 miles.  Microwave linking is very common in
the commercial world.  The link cost is very low as we are going to use
802.11 or surplus Motorola canopy units on the Statewide backbone.

We are not pushing D-Star in rural areas.
Erik