[d-star] n0svx / k0uw d-star update

Erik Jacobson erikj at tdkt.org
Mon Feb 19 16:53:35 UTC 2007

Hello.  Just another update from me here.

I completed the Icom training yesterday for this project.

I've made some updates to my web page that include suggestions for users
on the system.  This is very much a work in progress.

http://www.tdkt.org/~erikj/repeater.html

I added a Frequenlty Asked Questions section as well describing issues I
ran in to that others may hit.

One issue discussed is the 'zone call' feature which doesn't seem to work
(or it isn't understood well how it's supposed to work :) :)

Since we have at least a couple vhf-only folks in town, I was hoping
some of the users could configure their settings to cross-band as described
in the web page.  However, both users in a conversation have to be set up
for cross-banding if the users are on separate bands/ports (see the FAQ).

I'm having a problem with the VHF side that I'm not quite ready to say isn't
my fault yet; but it seems that it doesn't always repeat like it should.
It seems to "ignore" a person sometimes.  So if I key up VHF, it will
not repeat my transmission sometimes but when I unkey, the repeater sends
some sort of status back.  If I try a couple more times, it will start working
and keep working for a long time.  This still could be related to something
in my setup if some how the repeater isn't able to hear the call sign due to
noise or something.  I'm working that issue.  It usually works fine though.